Dear "Psychic Medium" Reality Show Producers, Stop it. Just...Stop it!


Monica The Medium, Kim Russo, Psychic Tia, The Long Island Medium
and Tyler Henry. 


Reality TV. Let's face whether we love it or hate it. It's here to stay. Hell, I can't say anything. I watch quite a few of them. Such as Braxton Family Values, Rupaul's Drag Race and Iylana Fix My Life.

They are entertaining.. to a point. Recently, I've cut back on them. Simply because they were, what's the words.. I'm trying to find. Oh, draining and full of shit. Which brings me to our main subject. The ever popular psychic medium shows.

There's a slew of them. We have Monica The Medium, The Long Island Medium, The Angel Lady, Kim Russo and of course last but never least,  Everyone's favorite blonde boyfriend, The Hollywood Medium. Now, before I go on. Let me say that, this is not I repeat not about them. As I know none of these hoes personally.

Even though that are all invited to come to my home for hot tea, biscuits and truth. It's not them I am tired of. What I am tired of is the way they are begin or they're abilities are begin used.  Let's keep it muthfuckin' funky and spit some actual factuals. It doesn't matter if you are Joseline Hernandez or Iylana Vanzant.

Once you sign your john hancock on that contract and you agree to allow a film crew to document your life. You are owned by the production company and or management company that you've decided to sign with.

What I mean by this is, you have NO VOICE. Don't believe me, ask any of the ratchet ass housewives that we watch every week.  You think that the housewives love Andy Cohen that much? Some may, however, I don't believe it's that deep.

Getting back to the subject at hand. What I am tried of is when you see a show with a psychic or medium. At first the public loves them, "Oh my god, he or she is awesome!"  and they eat it up. The psychic writes books, they go on tours and the like. Which there is nothing and I mean nothing wrong with. Get money bitch! (In my Oprah voice)

However, by season two or four. They become a sideshow act.  In other words it becomes predictable. Which then, if you continue to watch the shows and we do. (The Long Island Medium has been on for six years now. )

I don't blame the psychic for taking a shot and getting more exposure as that's the goal of reality TV or any media medium. However, as time goes on. They become a joke and for people who are not on television but happen to have intuitive skill. We're taken to the carpet. "Oh, are you like the (insert name of the current psychic/ medium of the moment here) If I hear that I should be like Tyler Henry.

I'm going to scream! First of all bitch, I am not Tyler, Theresa, John, James or anyone else. I am me. or I and others like me hear "Can you do it like on television?"  You want me to dance for you? "Okay, but I ain't takjn' nothing off, till you mufucka's gimme some mo' money!" (In my ronnie from the player's club voice)

Producers I beg of you. Stop putting out what you "think" is reality. Especially when it comes to psychic/medium/spiritual shows. For one, we're not always right. If you want to show real shit. Show the viewers at home when Tyler or Theresa doubts themselves or when they get it wrong.

Because there is no such thing as 100% in anything. Especially this work. Show the time and energy that it takes to do this work and how draining it can be. Because no matter who we are, We cannot save everyone. We're humans who happen to be psychic, not gods.

Also, for the last damn time. Stop with this "I'm just a regular guy/girl with a great gift bullshit." If that were true, they wouldn't be on television. Reading for celebs like Bobby Brown and Snooki and change the goddamn title of your shows! (In my Bette Davis from feud voice)

and with that, I thank you.

Love, Leo Brown :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Readings: Jacob Kohinoor.