Introducing Stuff Leo Likes: Seven by Vesta Williams.





Good Morning Everyone, today I'm introducing a new series that I will do each month. It's called "Stuff Leo Likes" or SLL. I'll review everything from music to food. Today I'm introducing two products. The first begin in my opinion the top "grown and sexy" soundtrack of the month.

 If you're looking for music that evokes emotions, great lyrics and the music just flows from track to track. Then check out Seven by the late great Vesta Williams! When I say that this sagittarius lady put not only her toe but whole foot in this album I mean it! She's in great voice, the vibe of album overall is one of completion, and there is a song for every mood. My top tracks that standout for me on this album are:


"What is this?"- This song brought me to tears on just on the first listen. (Don't listen to if you've broken up with your main squeeze or you're just going through some shit.)


"Can we Talk About It?"- Nice driving tune, even though it's a song about resolving conflict. The beat and backing vocals are catchy. 


"Five Ways."- Very sensual. Makes you think of a night on the beach or just in bed with that Mr./Mrs. Right. Plus, the sitar- Nice touch Vesta, nice touch. 


"Better Days."- Fun,upbeat track that is a great thing to play as you're starting your day. I love the message of this song. 


"Silly."- At first, I thought this was a remake of the Niecy Williams classic. (I'm still giving Patti Labelle a side eye glance for singing that.)


 Anyway, this track is just plain funky! (Cue my fried pork chop sandwich with ketchup and white bread) From the hand claps to the organ and the lyrics: " Your mama did a disservice to you, maybe you think the world revolves around you and before I catch a case baby..." Yes, heifer sing it! This is a great effort from a sangin' diva. If you don't know who Vesta is, you will with this album. Pick it up or download either one it is worth it.


You can buy the album here: Buy Seven on Amazon.com!



Hugs and Hersey Kisses, Leo :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Readings: Jacob Kohinoor.